Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Taking the Next Steps

I'm so proud to have played a role in what will hopefully be the start of a continuing effort to raise funds for City of Joy. Saturday's event ran so smoothly thanks to the help of the staff at Magnolia Tree Earth Center, Mr. Lemuel Mial the director of Herbert Von King Park, the volunteers and the extremely talented performers. I thank you all.

We raised a total of $359.35. Though the amount fell short of my target of $500, it is a good start. Prior to the event, I hadn't had the intention of hosting another concert. But I've received a lot of positive feedback from folks who were in attendance, many urging me to host another event. I've also been contacted by a number of other organizations who would like to collaborate in the future.

For now I'm aiming at throwing another concert in June and I hope double our contributions. If you are interested in helping with the planning or performing please contact me at standingwithoursister@gmail.com.

Regards,

Danielle Douglas

If you are interested in making a direct contribution to the City of Joy project go to https://secure.ga4.org/01/drcongo

No comments: